Sunday, February 15, 2009

One Song At A Time


Yesterday...I focussed in on a song I'd written many years ago...but had sat in one
of my song word files...in danger of never seeing the light of day. I memorized it...
finally...and made a voice and guitar video of it. After doing one of these song reacues...I tend to have a good feeling...knowing...a song that was written...no doubt
...with a lot of fervour...and had actually turned out well...was now a representative
of my work as a song maker...rather than being cast aside...forever. Sometimes...
thinking of the forest of songs...I still have "unrepresented" this way...can easily paralyse me from taking action...if I forget an old secret...learnt a while ago...
which is...in this situation..."focus on one song and not the forest of songs"...which
of course...you're lucky to have. If you keep on honing in...on one song only...at a
time...in time your videos of these songs...will accrue. This secret has been around
for a long time...this doing of a doable bit...and not worrying if much is yet
undone. Hope I can remember this in the time to come...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home