Saturday, February 14, 2009

Reaching For New Songs


Some new songs have come to me recently...for which I am very thankful. However...
yesterday...I listened to past melodies I've made...came up with one or two melodies...and...in general...spent time being in a receptive mode...in the event a song might decide to come to me. Yesterday...none did. This morning I am processing this...and can see...it's all part of my overall approach to song making. Realizing...that all you can do...is prepare as well as you can to receive a song...knowing that on a given day...it may decide...not to come to you...and just be thankful on the days...when it does. I know that wherever you are...there are songs...in and around you...but you have to also know...they are not there waiting for you to command them into being...they will come when they come. When they don't come...despite your readiness to receive them...that is part of the privilege...of being a song maker...and you have to accept that...and live to reach for songs...another day. So...here's to reaching for new songs...and being thankful...for the many that have come my way............
............................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home