Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wishing A Fine Leader Well


President Obama...has an over 80% approval rating in Canada...and high approval ratings all over the world. I can't speak for anyone else about why this is so...but some of my own thoughts on this. I find myself...checking out his speeches...like last night's...and again and again...I find it uplifting...to see intelligence and vision at work...something that seems to have been in short supply in recent times...on the leadership front. There are many things about his leadership that I find impressive. One of them...is...his looking beyond the two election cycles that affect his being elected president...to the longer range good for his country. I have often felt that a tendency to look and act for short term gains...has bedevilled how leaders perform...postponing leadership and action...in areas beyond their own reign. So...it's good to see a leader in action...with a vision beyond the immediate horizon. There's more I could say on this subject...but I'll save it for another day. In the meantime my good wishes go to this leader...to keep on performing at the high and visionary level...he has been engaged in...which I think will affect positively...
not only his country...but our troubled world...................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home