Saturday, March 28, 2009

Changing Language


[Today's picture was digitally done]. People sending messages...blogging...and other
online activity involving words...are gradually changing the language they use.
Seeking brevity...is one of the factors at work...for instance..."you're"...has become
"ur"...at least the last time I looked...who knows...today...it might even be shorter
than that. Then there are the short forms...like..."lol". For the longest time I was
wondering what that was all about...my understanding of this perhaps too often used
addition...is that it means something like..."I just said something kinda funny...
don't you think?". To this point...I haven't embraced this kind of written language.
I am not going to make the mistake of saying it's "bad"...and the one true way to use
language is the way I do. That is usually the knee jerk reaction of people...who
have witnessed one change too many in their time...and tend to claim the old way...
was...of course...the best way. I guess you could say...it's all a generationally
generated thing. It'll be interesting to see...how it all shakes down in the
fullness of time. In the meantime...lol...and :]...or should I say...;]........
......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home