Monday, March 09, 2009

Long Live Creativity!


Who knows all the reasons why certain oysters make pearls?...I don't pretend to know
...although for some reason...right now...I hear a suggestion aborning..."How about
the "sand in the craw" factor. That is not a scientific statement...so it stands a
good chance of being off the mark...however...somewhere in me...it rings a bell. What
was it in me...that caused me...with great difficulty...to write my first songs?. At
least one of the factors present I would say...was..."sand in the craw"...i.e. having
dissonances in me I wanted to resolve. Looking back I see creating things...really
helped me to do that. I know for a fact...that it was always something inside me that
pushed me to create. At first...the "look at me" factor may have been present in what
I did...but as the years went by...I would like to think...creating...became something
organic for me...something some would call it a "calling"...but something that did not revolve around pleasing customers who were...."always right"...or any other thing external to me...like the fame or fortune that would come my way. Creating...became for me...as natural as breathing. The large body of work I have somehow accumulated...comes out of...putting much of my life energy...accordingly...into creating...rather than creating one song...or poem...or picture...and going out into to the world to use up most of my available energy...to schmooze...publicize...or do any number of undignified things...to spin my creation...into money or notoriety. Sometimes...it looks to me...that taking inventory of where your life energy has gone or goes...is a good way to see...why one thing has accrued in your life...and not another. I know that for me there is only one choice...putting it into bringing new creations into this world...regardless of the standing it brings me in my world. Long live creativity!..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home