Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our Common Ground As Earthlings


My St. Patrick's Day Parade '09 video has already attracted a lot of views in the three days it's been on YouTube. One thing I did notice about the comments on this video...was...so far...half of them...in some way...are about which flags were present...and which not...in the parade. Made me think of a song video of mine..."Under One Flag"...also on YouTube. I'll close this by quoting...it's first verse and chorus: "While there's a thousand and one flags flying high in the sky...There'll be a thousand and one wars fought though a million years go by...While too many are too blind to face the fear in their minds...They'll face each other across the fields of war 'til the end of time...But there's another way to go...Where there's no friend and there's no foe...Only the family we know...Under one flag". For me the mathematics used in this verse...may well be a matter of having employed...some extreme poetic license. For me...that is not the central thing I was trying to convey. What I was trying to say...is that our flags...if we keep from looking at the Bigger Picture...can blind us...to our common ground as Earthlings...........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home