Saturday, March 21, 2009

Putting Together A "Tutorial"


Lesson learnt...for today anyway...get your Blog entry done early in the day.,.if at
all possible. Yesterday...I started in getting a tutorial together...for putting on
video...an aspect of something I've been doing for a long time...i.e. playing the guitar. I started out playing this instrument...with one or two friendly tips...but
for the most part...in the early days...it was trying out things on the guitar...
and listening to how they sounded. If I didn't like the sound...I would let go of what
I had come up with...if I liked it...I would keep it...and rehearse it...or extend it
in some way. In the many years since I started...playing the guitar...it became an
intuitive thing...like just about everything else that I do. So...when I have to do a
workshop...or "tutorial"...on something like this...that I've done for a long time...
I find myself going on a quest...to find out what it is I was doing all these years
...to translate it into steps...that could be communicated to others. It is a strange
process...this finding out what it is you did...before you can share it...sort of
cart before the horse-ish...but I know that you're lucky...if you have something...
you can do that with. Yesterday's process went quite well...but...inevitably...I left
out one or two steps...that may be helpful to those watching this video. That's
another thing you have to keep reminding yourself of...i.e. that you have to
make sense with what you're sharing...and not let the fact that you already know the
material...get in the way of that. I'm well on my way...wish me well.......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home