Monday, April 13, 2009

Any Minute Now


I once wrote a song called..."Any Minute Now"...about how at any moment...there'll be
a knock on my door...and when I open it...I'll find someone in a uniform and a cap...
saying to me...as he handed me an envelope..."Congratulations sir...you've won the
Nobel Prize!". Each verse of the song...is about...a large...and great...piece of news. This song was written to pin point...that in most of our lives...that is not the
kind of thing that happens...and we are lucky in the course of our days...if we come
up with...some little victories...to help us to keep keepin' on. Living through the
routine...and the mundane...can be one of the big challenges. Yet...to the captain...
who was being held prisoner by four pirates until yesterday...when he was freed...
something like mowing his lawn...or taking out the dog...must have appeared very
precious to him. I wish him and his family the very best...as they celebrate...an
actually...great and dramatic...piece of news...then he can return to the little
victories...that make up...the main fabric of our lives...and we appreciate best...
when...for whatever reason...they are taken away from us............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home