Friday, April 24, 2009

A Timely And Thoughtful Loan


My performance at the Earth Day concert is tomorrow. I still haven't done any heavy
rehearsals...but i've inched towards being ready to "do my thing"...in the last week.
Last night...my kindly nephew...came around and brought his guitar...which can be
plugged into the on site sound system. I think this is going to help a lot...because
in the last while I've been playing a classical guitar with nylon strings...and using
that for tomorrow's concert...would have meant...pushing it up as close as I could
get it to a microphone...in attempt to get it heard. Tomorrow's concert is outdoors...
and playing outdoors...the sound you send out...has a way of getting swallowed up...quite easily. I have...in the past...played an amplified guitar
in an outdoor concert setting...and I know how bolstering it is...to feel your big
guitar sound...going out into the world. My nephew's loan of his guitar...was very
thoughtful...and timely. I am feeling better already...about having my guitar too...
really heard tomorrow. Wish me well....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home