Monday, May 18, 2009

The Blue Dragon


Today's picture...is of "The Blue Dragon"...or should I say..."The Blue Dragon"...with
a red face. Around 14 years ago...I was living near a beach...and quite naturally...
collecting pieces of drift wood...became part of my life. An organic progression that
came out of that...was that I soon saw that I could take different pieces of drift
wood and put them together...and by doing so...create new entities. "The Blue Dragon"
...was the first of these stick sculptures...and I brought it along some years ago
...when I moved into a new home. It soon became the guardian of my balcony. For the
last 3 weeks or so...I've been keeping up a steady flow of objects...away from my
home...having known for some time now...there were simply...too many objects in it.
A few days ago my focus turned to my balcony...and its denizens. Making sure I would
have a record of them...I made videos of my stick sculptures...and took a few photos.
One stick entity survived the cut. Sadly...it wasn't the dragon. So...last night...
I took it out of my home...for the last time. In this time of downsizing...
requiring brutal decisions...at times...if it's ever going to work...so far... it was
the most savage one. Today...here on my Blog...I salute my funky blue companion of
many years...wherever he/she may be tonight...and say thanks for keeping me company
lo these many years. Fare Thee Well.....................Quester

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pleased to meet the funky blue dragon.

Many thanks for making your music!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home