Friday, June 12, 2009

Long Live Experience


Last night I turned a poem of mine into a video...by putting its words so that they
can roll up and out of the picture...as the rest of the words follow. So...they appear
in golden rolling text...on a background of two beautiful mountain peaks...that I
can actually see from my front winfows...and have taken a lot of pictures...or video...of. This video...which did not naturally have the sound of waves on a shore...or rushing water...as has happened in previous vdeos I've made...so what sound track to make for it?. When in doubt...I am fortunate that I can take out my guitar...and do an improvisation on it...as my sound track. So that is what I did. When i first played it back...I wasn't sure if it would work...but by putting some reverb on it...and diddling with the volume...i.e. putting it at a level...where it's part of the atmosphere of the video...but doen't interfere with the viewer taking in the words rolling on the screen...I finally had it as part of my latest video. From the experience of making videos...one of the things you learn...is not to despair of the first look or sound of visuala...or audio...but understand how you'll be able to
improve it with editing. Last night having this experience helped me to work with
my first effort at a sound track...and not immediately try for a second one.
Long live experience..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home