Saturday, July 04, 2009

Poems Can Wait


Last evening...I walked across the West End...had supper there...then sat on a bench by
English Bay...on a perfect summer evening...with the sun pouring in on me...reflected
off the water. I had my journal with me...and for a moment...thought I might write a
poem in it...triggered by what I was looking at...along with the many other people
sitting on the grass...or walking lazily by. This time round...however...I let that
agenda go. Sometimes...writing about something you're in...can block the way to
actually experiencing it. So...I sat there...taking it all in...and mesmerized by the
beauty of the evening...and the place I was at. I'm glad I did that...poems can wait
...until the next rainy day....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home