Friday, July 24, 2009

Re: The Trout

You can call me Don Quixote if you like...but I don't embrace the notion...that...
"things have always been that way so let's let sleeping dogs lie". It is true that
some of us human beings...tend to behave in the same way...we did hundreds or
thousands of years ago...but I'm more of the persuasion that says..."whatever way things have been in the past...one of the challenges for us human beings...is to keep
reaching...to make things better". In my own imperfect life...issues have come up...
that on taking inventory...I could see...I wasn't handling in the best possible way...
and I've found myself...with such situations...doing some deep and long reflection...to
see how I could improve my response...to each particular life challenge. Years ago...
it came to me...that I had to work on myself...so that I didn't jump to the bait I was
offered from time to time...when something was said or done...and start
quarelling. It's not a stretch to see how knee jerk reactions to what comes up in life
...can be a large factor...in how we get into full blown wars. As I often do to help
me clarify for myself some aspect of life...I wanted to write a song...about not
jumping to baits offered. I asked an avid fisherman...which fish...jumps most quickly
at baits offered. Without hesitation...he said..."the trout". With the verification of
that...the song bloomed...giving me a beacon to look to...when I needed reminders...
not to jump at baits offered. Since that time...I would say...my life has been...
relatively argument free. Hallelujah!....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home