Wednesday, October 21, 2009

E-Mail Time

Unusually...there was only one e-mail this morning. It was from someone who has
been sending me an e-mail every day...telling me about his latest blog entry...
for over three years now. With a sigh...I instantly deleted it...and sent him a
good luck wish. I guess the thing about e-mail...although you should know
better...after years of checking for it...is that it keeps holding out a promise
of a message...that will lift you in some way. When instead...you get a piece of
spam...a notice about someone's video of a cover song...or someone giving you
another daily notice about their blog entry...it's no wonder you experience a
feeling of disappointment. Every time I see the red dot go on above my e-mail
logo...I tell myself..."don't start jumping for joy...it'll be whatever it will
be...not necessarly what you wish for". Despite this emotional preparation...
there is still some disappointment when it turns out to be the..."same old...
same old". I'll keep on working on my preparation for receiving e-mail. Maybe
in time to come...the daily blog notice...and its irritating companions...will
instead...nudge me towards feeling..."well...all this means...that the world is
still going round the way it always has...so...just be glad it is.....Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home