Saturday, November 07, 2009

A Pleasant Little Reward

One of the tenets I've lived by as a creative artist...is to always be open to
new idioms...challenges...and even tools...along the way. You can't live this
kind of arganic artist's life...if your goal is to carve out a good career for
yourself...and once having found a formula for that...to repeat yourself...
endlessly...and safely. You really take your chances when...instead...you are
ongoingly open...and willing to try out...new challenges. I do not believe...
the customer is always right...and so you figure out what they'd like to hear...
or see...give them that...and never attempt to find what your true potential is
...even though that may cost you...financially...or otherwise. For me the choice
was...in a way...simple...I knew I'd be bored out of my mind...doggedly living
out a career path. My organic path...has had many difficulties...but it also has
had its rewards. My songs...poems...etc...have all been written free from the
chains of market forces upon me...allowing me to create around whatever...
seized or inspired me. There are also...little bonuses I receive along the way
for being open to new challenges. Like this afternoon...when I made my first
video...accompanying myself on ukulele...through the song I sang on the video.
For me...a pleasant little reward...for taking chances...along my creative
artist's path.......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home