Thursday, November 05, 2009

Ukulele Man

A bit over a month ago...I bought a ukulele in a thrift store. I've played it a
lot since then. It has a beautiful sound...although no matter how much I tune
it...a note or two,,,comes out a bit sour. In the first improvisation on it...
I recorded...I managed to stay away from the chintzy notes...and get a fine
sounding improvisation...which i turned to a video...and uploaded to YouTube.
Since then...I recorded a couple more pieces with it...but could no longer
avoid the off notes. This...of course...is very frustrating...and not something
I want to persist in doing. So...yesterday...wishing to continue the particular
liberation...the ukulele gives me...I bought a shiny new...second ukulele...
which I played a lot last night...and is rapidly becoming...my "first" ukulele
...I mean in terms of now being the one I keep nearby...and reach for...
whenever I have the yen to do so. There's a good chance...that as I become
familiar with this instrument...and the playing of it...I may spot some need to
acquire another for certain specific reasons...up ahead. For now...however...
looks like I'll be playing this new one a lot...and organically...and gradually...becoming...a "ukulele man". Seems it's never really too late...for
an old dog...to come up with some new tricks...if the spirit is willing.
.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home