Friday, November 27, 2009

Words Of: One Time Too Many

I am still working on replying to the many people who sent me encouraging messages...
many of them...it seems...triggered by my song..."Thanksgiving Song"...on YouTube.
As I am due to post an entry to this blog...tonight I will answer the request of
krystyna11...on YouTube...and post here...the words of my song..."One Time Too Many".
Description of song on YouTube: "When it comes to "love"...I've written songs from the
hopeful to the despairing...from the first flush to goodbye...and many places in between. This song touches on another aspect of the "roller coaster of love"...which is...beginning to consider...leaving it behind...forever:
One time too many...the fire then the goodbye...
Such a great dance upon the sands of life...
You and her and them...You and I...
Chorus: And now that you are gone...
Why should I ever join again...
This ancient dance of fools...
As we play at love again...
No need to fear...the seas of solitude I've sailed so well...
No one can save me from the silent night...
Or tell my tale of life...that's just for me to tell...

Time and again...I think I see the writing on the wall...
Telling me I've already done my share...
Of flying hand in hand...only to fall...

Copyright-David Campbell.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 AM , Blogger krystyna said...

Thank you so much David!
Beautiful words and beautiful singing!
My dream is to find text in all your music recordings.

Have a successful and blessed day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home