Friday, December 04, 2009

My New Box Of Wonders

A few days ago...I bought a keyboard...a musical one you plug into the wall. Since
then...I've been probing what it has to offer...which is more than plenty. For me...
it's a "box of wonders". I remember some years ago,,,how in some circles...it was
fashionable to "knock technology". Even back then...I knew it was a matter of how
it is used. For instance...my videos on YouTube...come out of my embracing...some
of the brilliant technology...that is now available to our world. It was my first
digital camera...with video option...that started me into making videos...and since
then...the videos keep flowing. To me...because of the terchnologies most of us in
the First World have access to...there is a grand unleashing of our human creative
potential...that everyone of us can help to make happen...if we wish to do so...and
make some slow time in our lives for it. The last few days I've been checking out
the myriad tones and options available from my new keyboard. This is already goosing
my creativity in an additional direction. Yesterday...I recorded my first keyboard
improvisation...and it is now on my main YouTube channel...which among other things
...is there to celebrate creativity. I am no keyboard player...at this point...but
I was able to "utilise creatively"...my keyboard. This way of thinking...is from
the territory of the self taught artist...not ready to surrender years to practising
scales and techniques on an instrument...but instead...going with the "creative force"
...and finding ways of making music...with what he or she...is working with. I could
go on and on about this...but I have to return shortly...to finding what other
treasures lie...in my new "box of wonders"...................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home