Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Olympics Anticipation

Visitors from all over the world...have begun to pour into my city...Vancouver...for
the start of the Winter Olympics...this coming Friday. The city is a-buzz with anticipation at what is about to unfold. The passage of the Olympic flame across
Canada...has been greeted overwhelmingly...with great enthusiasm. As always...
members of the world media...are sniffing around for tidbits...to send back home...
about Vancouver...with the lack of snow at one of the venues...probably leading the
way. On the other hand...visitors here...have been greeted by a spate of balmy early
spring days...and at times even sunshine...and I'm sure...can't help but be impressed
by the beauty of the city...especially when the sun shines on the mountains.
As a lover of sports...I find myself looking forward to viewing some of the events
on television...glad to be free of the intense security measures that are going to be
in play at all event venues. However...a few days ago I went down to Robson street...
which even then...was thronged with people...and brimming with energy...and I think
during the Olympics I'm likely to return there to experience some of "people vibes"
this event has stirred up in these parts. I'd love for our Canadian athletes to do
well in their events...but what I'm really a fan of...is...people from all over the
world...coming together...in a good energied way...and peacefully. May it all unfold
beautifully..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home