Monday, August 09, 2010

Book Writing

I've been doing a lot of writing recently...but obviously...not for this blog.
To me...writing a book...is a bit like preparing a special meal in a pressure cooker.
You know you must not take the cover off...before the meal is completely ready...for it
to work out well. For me...the telling about what your book is about...definitely
puts you in danger of losing whatever momentum you've built up working on it. I've
been writing for my book project...to add to what I'd previously written for it...this
time round for about two and a half weeks...and I've only missed one day's writing
because of having a very bad cold. I did...however...find a way of getting writing
sessions in...on the rest of the days when I've had the cold. Again...not wanting to
lose momentum was the reason for pushing through. I have found that when you are writing for a book...and you have momentum...you can usually be clear about why you're
doing it...over many days in a row...but sooner or later...you're likely to be challenged by a day when your reasons for writing it...become enveloped in cloud...and you are in danger of coming to a screeching halt...maybe even...never to return to it. All the more reason to respect momentum when you have it and not let go of it easily. As I write...sometimes I think of what I call..."The Law Of Things Accruing". I know that if I keep pecking away at it every day...one day I'll look up...and my book will be done. Wish me well................................Quester.

1 Comments:

At 6:26 AM , Blogger denarutten said...

Here are the 'wishing you well' vibrations! Sounds like you are going strong.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home